First aid boxes are available at:
|Chemistry Office, POD Building, 1D-402||3340|
|Chemistry Research labs, POD Building||3340|
|Security office, School Building (Ground Floor)||717|
Caretakers for First-aid in the Discipline of Chemistry:
|Mr. Manish Kushwaha||Deputy Manager (Lab)||POD Building (1D-406)||3340|
A few important safety tips for you:
- Familiarise yourself with all aspects of safety before using any equipment.
- Be alert to unsafe conditions of the equipment, procedures and actions, and call attention to them so that corrections can be made as soon as possible.
- Label all storage areas, appropriately, and keep all chemicals in properly labelled containers.
- Date all chemical bottles when received and when opened. Note storage conditions and adhere to them.
- Familiarise yourself with the appropriate protective measures when exposed to the following classes of hazardous materials.
- Flammable, Corrosive, Toxic, Carcinogen, Compressed Gases, Poisonous
- Segregate chemicals by compatibility groups for storage.
- Post warning signs for unusual hazards such as flammable materials no naked flames or other special problems.
- Pour more concentrated solutions into less concentrated solutions to avoid violent reactions.
- Avoid distracting other worker.
- Use equipment only for its designated purpose.
- Position and secure apparatus used for chemical reactions in order to permit manipulation without moving the apparatus until the entire reaction is complete.
- Reporting of accidents is mandatory.