The Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR) facility in the Department of Chemistry at the Indian Institute of Technology Indore is funded by DST under the FIST programme in the year 2018-19. The NMR spectrometer (500 MHz: Bruker Ascend 500) is established in a fully equipped modern spectroscopic laboratory for detection of a wide variety of nuclei (1D- and 2D H, 13 C, 19 F, and 31 P) with high resolution, and ultra-sensitivity over a broad range of sample temperature. Experienced NMR facility staffs are available for serving the needs of academia, and industry clients. To maintain the state-of-the-art research facility and to provide expedited support in high-end research, a minimum charge has been fixed for availing the facility.
ABOUT THE INSTRUMENT
QUICK LINKSDepartment of Chemistry
Sophisticated Instrumentation Center
Brochure of the 500 MHz NMR facility
Sample submission form
- Samples (well packed in Eppendorf tubes (1.5 mL) and not in polybags), requisition form along with the online transaction detail should be sent by post.
- The user should check the solubility of the sample and suggest best solvent for recording NMR. Please provide ~5 mg sample for 1H NMR and 25 mg for other nuclei (1D and 2D NMR).
- If data is not clear due to in-homogeneity or less amount of sample, then samples will not be recorded again. You will receive an email acknowledgement as soon as the samples reach us and the samples will not be sent back after analysis.
- The sample will be recorded, and data will be shared in soft copy to the user as per priority order (first come first serve basis).
- If the time exceeds for special experiments as per the user instruction, every additional half hour will be charged thereof with Rs 250/- for academic institution and Rs 750/- for industrial samples.
- Samples should be submitted along with the sample submission form.
|S. No.||Experiment||Rate (Academia)||Rate (Industry)|
|1.||1H, 19F, 31P (Expt. time 30 min or less)||₹ 200.00||₹ 500.00|
|2.||13C, DEPT (Expt. time 30 min or less)||₹ 300.00||₹ 700.00|
|3.||2D (per measurement or expt. time 1 h or less)|
Solvent charge (per sample)
Name: The Registrar, Indian Institute of Technology Indore
A/C No: 36948979864
IFSC code: SBIN0030524
Bank: State Bank of India
The use of 500 MHz NMR facility at the Department of Chemistry, IIT Indore automatically implies an acknowledgement in research articles published, conferences and or any other presentations. The following acknowledgement is requested: “The authors gratefully acknowledge the DST-FIST NMR facility at Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Indore for recording NMR spectra”.