Associate Professor1D-423, POD Building
Phone: +91 731 660 3185
The research activities in my group fall under the broad domain of inorganic and organometallic chemistry and catalysis. My group focuses on designing new pincer and N-heterocyclic carbene ligands and their transition metal complexes capable of the following type of reactivities:
- Small molecule activation
- C-H activation and functionalisation
Investigation of fundamental aspects of these activities and their mechanisms are carried out for the potential application in the development of renewable energy and sustainable chemical processes, including the following:
- CO2 capture, functionalisation, and reduction
- H2 production, storage, and transportation
- Development of Liquid Organic Hydrogen Carriers (LOHCs)
- Catalytic systems for hydrogenation/dehydrogenation reactions
- Catalytic systems for C-C, C-N, and C-O bond-forming reactions
- Shahid, N.; Singh, R. K.; Srivastava, N.; Singh, A. K. Base-Free Synthesis of Benchtop Stable Ru(III)-NHC Complexes from RuCl3·3H2O and Their Use as Precursors for Ru(II)-NHC Complexes. Dalton Trans., 2023, 52, 4176.
- Yadav, D.; Singh, R. K.; Misra, S.; Singh, A. K. Ancillary Ligand Effects and Microwave-Assisted Enhancement on the Catalytic Performance of Cationic Ruthenium(II)-CNC Pincer Complexes for Acceptorless Alcohol Dehydrogenation. Appl. Organomet. Chem. 2022, 36, e6756.
- Singh, R. K.; Khan, T. K.; Misra, S.; Singh, A. K. CAACs as Efficient Ancillary Ligands for the Synthesis of Robust Catalysts. J. Organomet. Chem. 2021, 956, 122133.
- Yadav, D.; Singh, R. K.; Singh, S.; Shirage, P. M.; Singh, A. K. Cationic Ruthenium(II)-NHC Pincer Complexes with Hemilabile COD: Solid-state Structural Characterisation and Theoretical Study of an η2-(E,Z)-COD Ligand. J. Organomet. Chem. 2021, 953, 122061.
- Yadav, D.; Misra, S.; Kumar, D.; Singh, S.; Singh, A. K. Cationic Ruthenium(II)-NHC Pincer Complexes: Synthesis, Characterisation and Catalytic Activity for Transfer Hydrogenation of Ketones. Appl. Organomet. Chem. 2021, 35, e6287.